<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07536610486\46blogName\75Phildar+Swing+Jacket+Knitalong\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://phildarswingjacketkal.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://phildarswingjacketkal.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-2200509325182045169', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Swing has Swung




At long last, pictures of my finished jacket. (I actually finished it a month ago but it was way too hot around here to take pictures in it!)



I can't really put my finger on why I don't love it. It's just something about the fit. See, it looks pretty good if I have my arms out, or my hands on my hips like above. But with my arms down?



I looks a lot more boxy than swingy.



At first I thought maybe the chest was just too wide, and if I took it in, then it would be more bell shaped and therefore, more flattering. But how can the chest be large if I have this:



Boob gapage!

Sigh. I don't think it's really the style - I have another, factory made swing jacket that I love. Is it that the shoulders don't fit? The neckline is too wide? It doesn't flare enough? Not enough drape? I don't know. I'm hoping I'll be able to make some kind of alteration and, BAM! I'll be totally in love with it. Maybe I should block it again? Suggestions welcome!

THE RUNDOWN
:

YARN: Elann.com peruvian highland wool

COLOUR: 402

NEEDLES
: Denise 4mm

8 Comments:

Blogger goldtop said...

Hmmm looks great to me! Love the colour choices too :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger goldtop said...

just saw you asked for suggestions: the gappy bit between 1st & 2nd buttons could be eliminated if you maybe sewed poppers on the inside seam? Only having 3 buttons on a jacket is asking a lot of it to close up nice and neat anyhow, unless they are really close together.... Anyhow, again, think it looks lovely :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Reckless Glue said...

I think it looks great --great job lady!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Miss Muffy said...

Hmm, maybe I should move the buttons closer together and just have the top part close. Thanks goldtop!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Me likey!!!

Maybe you just need to be in the cold season for it to hit you!

What about wearing red underneath it? (my fav color :op) Haha!

Thx for the yarn suggestion I didn't even think about Elann.com for the yarn!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Girl Kae said...

I think it looks great , but I agree with goldtop - perhaps try and eliminate the gappage with some internal press studs? That way it'll look more neater when it's on :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

yay! your jacket is so gorgeous!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

i think it looks wonderful. i love love love the gray and your stitches and finishing details are PERFECT. great job!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home