<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07536610486\46blogName\75Phildar+Swing+Jacket+Knitalong\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://phildarswingjacketkal.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://phildarswingjacketkal.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-2200509325182045169', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Notions?

I'm not even close to being done the first piece but my mind has turned to notions. I've hit just about every fabric and yarn shop in town and I can't find big enough wood buttons or similar bias tape to what Phildar uses. It looks like they use a wool tape. The magazine seems to suggest that these notions are available from Phildar but I see no evidence of that on their website.

Has anyone found the right trimmings online anywhere?

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hi there, I have not found the right one neither. I went to our local craft store joanne but all they have are those cotton bias tape. I'm actually thinking to make some from scratch but haven't figure out how to do that yet. I will write a post if I come across anything.

Thanks for posting and welcome to our KAL.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Miss Muffy said...

This may be a little late, but I just used regular bias tape. I bought the widest stuff I could. It's pretty easy to make your own too. You could probably find a tutorial online.

I ordered clasps from this place once:

http://www.buttondrawer.com/

They have tonnes of buttons. I'm lucky enough to live in a big city where we have several stores that carry all kinds of notions. I still found it hard to get really big buttons though! In fact, I'd like the ones on my jacket to be even bigger!m

9:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much guys! I'm almost done and I did buy some bias tape, not sure if it's wide enough, but I still haven't found buttons.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I couldn't find the right colour binding for mine either. In the end, I made my own.It's really easy to do, there are lots of on line tutorials on how to do it. I'm glad I did because I love it and I think I would have always hated the binding if I'd settled for something I didn't really LOVE!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home